Digestive Well Being
Lp299v for digestive flora control.Probiotics are defined as "live microorganisms which when administered in adequate amounts, offer a health benefit to the human body".1 These are “good bacteria' or "helpful bacteria" present in food and dietary supplements.2
Scientific studies confirm that probiotics can help you stay healthy. For the general population, these benefits include supporting immune function and gut health.3
There are various mechanisms that may account for the positive effects of probiotics on human health.
Possible mechanisms include: 2
- reducing harmful organisms in the gut
- producing antimicrobial compounds (substances that destroy or suppress the growth of harmful microorganisms)
- Stimulating the body’s immune response.
Symptoms or signs of abnormal gut health include: 1
- Stomach cramps
Administration of Lactobacillus plantarum effects a favourable increase in Lactobacillus colonization in the gut and may reduce harmful bacteria.5 By enhancing beneficial composition of the helpful bacteria, Lactobacillus plantarum optimizes normal gut function.5
Where availableAvailable in Pharmacies
Pack sizes20 capsules and 60 capsules
- Binns N. Probiotics, prebiotics and the gut microbiota. ILSI Europe Concise Monograph Series. [Online] 2013[cited 2015 Sep 03]; Available from URL: http://www.ilsi.org/Europe/Publications/Prebiotics-Probiotics.pdf
- Oral Probiotics: An Introduction. National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health. [Online] 2012 Dec.[cited 2015 Apr 09]; Available from URL: https://nccih.nih.gov/sites/nccam.nih.gov/files/Get_The_Facts_Probiotics_01-08-2013.pdf
- Probiotics: A Consumer Guide for Making Smart Choices. International Scientific Association for Probiotics and Prebiotics. [Online] 2014. [cited 2015 Sep 03]; Available from URL: http://www.isapp.net/Portals/0/docs/Consumer%20Guidelines%20probiotic%202014.pdf
- Lp299v capsules package insert, 2008
- Niedzielin K, Kordecki H, Birkenfeld B. A controlled, double-blind, randomised study on the efficacy of Lactobacillus plantarum 299V in patients with irritable bowel syndrome. Eur J Gastroenterol Hepatol 2001;13(10):1143-7.
Lp299v capsules. Each capsule contains Lactobacillus plantarum 299v 5 billion C.F.U. (Colony Forming Units) For more information, refer to your healthcare professional. ZA.15.PDE.142 09/2015 Adcock Ingram Limited. Reg. No. 1949/034385/06. Private Bag X69, Bryanston, 2021, South Africa. Tel. +27 11 635 0000